The Easiest Ways to Make Money for a Career Change
September 8, 2023
Easiest Ways to Make Money
Let’s talk about the easiest ways to make money. Why? Because as we reach our 40s and 50s, our desires change. We often want to give back in addition to making money. We want fulfilling careers! Instead of tolerating a job because we feel we have to. The world of work is changing.
It’s becoming more difficult in some places to land a job with a stable income and benefits. Which means that we all need to be flexible and creative when it comes to generating new income. Especially when we feel it’s time to make a career change.
Fortunately, technology has made it easier than ever before to make money on the side. By tapping into your existing skillset or gleaning new ones from online courses. Many times with virtually no startup costs involved! Read on for some ideas about how you can make extra cash (or even start a full-time business) off your talents…
Contract work with a company or organization as an easy wake to make money.
Contract work with a company or organization is a great way to make money while you’re building up your business. You can do it remotely and set your own hours, so it’s perfect for those who want flexibility in their lives.
As an independent contractor, you don’t have to be a freelancer; instead, you could work on projects for companies that need help with specific tasks (like graphic design). This will give you the chance to learn from experts in the field while earning money at the same time!
Easy way to make money: Freelance as a consultant or coach.
The easiest way to get started is to build your network. You can do this by joining groups and forums on LinkedIn, or even just starting conversations with people who are in similar industries as you. Once you have a few connections, reach out and ask if they would be willing to do an informational interview (wherein one person asks the other questions about their career path).
Once you’ve found clients for freelancing work, it’s important that they know what they’re paying for upfront so there are no surprises later on when it comes time for payment! Asking questions like “What results am I expected to deliver?” or “What kind of timelines will we be working within?” can help make sure everyone is on the same page before starting any project together.”
Teach online via platforms like Udemy, CreativeLive, and Skillshare.
- Teach online via platforms like Udemy, CreativeLive, and Skillshare.
- Create a course on Udemy. If you’re interested in teaching or sharing your knowledge with others, then this is one of the easiest ways to make money for a career change (for 40-50 year old black women managers).
- You can create courses on any topic that interests you–from photography to cooking to yoga–and earn up to 95% royalty when people buy it! The best part? You don’t need any prior experience or qualifications. Your experience and knowledge is what people care. That valuable and people want what you have to offer. So if there’s something specific that has always interested you–whether it’s writing poetry or starting your own business–then why not share it with the world?
Write a book or e-book to make easy money.
You could write an e-book or a print book. You’ll need to do research to ensure that your book is authoritative and informative, but don’t think that you need to be an expert in order to do this. It is your experiences, from your point of view that makes the information valuable.
Once you’ve written your proposal, find an agent and publisher who are interested in publishing it–this may take some time! However, you can also self-publish on platforms like Amazon KDP, Apple Books, Barnes & Noble Press, or IngramSpark.
Create an app and sell it to consumers.
Apps are a great way to make money, and the best part is that you can sell them directly to consumers. You don’t have to go through a third party like Apple or Google.
You can also sell apps directly to businesses and other developers who want to use your code in their products. The app store gets a cut of all sales made on their platform–so if you want more profit, it’s better not to go through them (but still be aware of how much they take).
Launch your own business as a consultant.
If you’re familiar with the startup world, you know that it’s not easy to launch a business. But if you want to do so, here are some tips:
- Decide on your niche and focus on one area where you can be an expert. This will help you stand out from other consultants who may be competing for the same clients. For example, if you have experience working in health care systems and want to start a consulting business around improving hospital operations, then focusing on hospitals would be a good idea because there aren’t many other consultants like yourself doing this work at this time.
- Once you’ve decided what type of consulting work/niche/focus area will work best for your situation–find potential clients by networking with people who might know someone who could use what services they offer (i..e doctors).
- Give presentations about how their organization can improve its performance by making changes based on lessons learned during previous projects performed by other companies similar in size/industry etc.. In addition make sure each presentation includes answers about why these changes were made successfully elsewhere so attendees understand that implementing them would yield similar results at their own organizations too!
Tap into your social media following and monetize it with affiliate marketing programs (such as Amazon Associates) or private coaching services.
The easiest way to make money is by leveraging your social media following. If you have a blog, YouTube channel, Instagram account or any other type of digital presence that people are following and engaging with on a regular basis, then there are opportunities for monetizing it.
There are several ways to do this:
- Affiliate marketing programs (such as Amazon Associates) where you get paid when someone buys something through your link(s). Just be sure to do your research and use ethical affiliates. You can also create private coaching services where people pay for access to exclusive content or special offers.
Become an influencer.
Using social media platforms like YouTube and Instagram to establish yourself as an expert in your field. You do this by offering advice, tutorials, reviews and other types of content that can be monetized via ad revenue share programs like Revcontent.
Becoming an influencer is one of the easiest ways to make money for a career change. Influencers are people who have established themselves as experts in their field and use social media platforms like YouTube and Instagram to share advice, tutorials, reviews and other types of content that can be monetized via ad revenue share programs like Revcontent (for more information about affiliate marketing opportunities for black women professionals).
Becoming an influencer doesn’t require any special skills or training; all it takes is dedication and persistence. The key thing to remember when trying this method is that there’s no point in making videos if nobody sees them! So make sure you’re posting regularly so that your audience grows over time – once you’ve built up enough followers then you’ll be able to start earning money from advertising revenues on those videos too!
If you’re looking for a career change, and the easiest ways to make money, consider using one of these ideas. You’ll be able to make money from home and still have time for other activities like spending time with family or exercising at the gym. These are just a few ideas to get you started.
There are many ways to make easy money while working your current 9-5. You don’t just have to quit your job right now to prepare for your next career move. I worked my private practice part time for over 10 years. Then founded a second business before making the leap to full time entrepreneur. So, can you. Of course, you don’t have to wait 10 years like I did. In fact, I made the entrepreneur leap 2 years after establishing my second business. Definitely do some research and find something that interests you and that you think you can be successful at.
If you’d like help creating your next career change, request a 30-Minute Career Solution call with me today. It doesn’t cost anything, and you’ll leave with a sense of purpose and action.