Finding Your Personal Strength When the Going Gets Tough
April 7, 2020
Experiencing challenging phases in life can really test your mettle. When you encounter those bumps in the road, how do you react? Some people are anxious. Others are afraid. While others are angry.
Are you able to deal effectively with these challenges without going to pieces? Could you use some help in finding your inner strength?
Try these ideas to tap in to your personal reserves whenever the going gets tough and you need to get back on track:
Take some time to ponder the present dilemma.
What do you see as the real issue? Are you making a mountain out of a mole-hill? How can you focus your efforts on the current event thats troubling you? Can you find what you have some control over?
Acknowledge your fears about the vexing situation.
Before you can show resilience to move forward, its important to recognize any fears that have a bearing on your current circumstances. Ignoring them will only serve to thwart you from confronting the issue.
Consider every option.
Writing down your options for overcoming your challenge will help you see the situation from all angles. Its helpful to get things out of your mind and onto paper.
- Brainstorming as many solutions as you can is a great start to finding a workable option.
- Be open-minded. Sometimes you have to remind yourself to not automatically screen out possible solutions to a sticky wicket. Every viable possibility should be considered.
- Considering every possible solution indicates you have the resilience to succeed.
Approach the challenge with positivity.
It may sound over-simplified, but you can either approach a stumbling block thinking, I don’t think Im going to survive it or Im going to do my best and make my way through this situation. Taking a positive outlook will compel you to move forward through the crisis. Be optimistic!
Avoid looking too far ahead.
Focus on whats going on in this moment. Sometimes, it helps to make it through 1 hour at a time.
- Concentrate your energy on what you can do in the here and now.
Draw from your religious faith to help you through.
Spirituality regularly assists millions of people to live consistently healthy, happy lives. Perhaps finding faith would bring you the inner strength you desire.
Seek emotional support from those you love.
Any troubling event is easier to navigate through when you feel the love and support from someone close to you. Bolster your resilience reserves by getting a little help from your friends and family members. What better way to increase your personal strength.
- Although it might be difficult for you to reach out and say, Im struggling, look at it this way: your loved ones will feel better if you give them opportunities to be there for you. Accept the loving and supportive care that your loved ones are so willing to provide. You’ll likely have a chance in the future to reciprocate.
Soothe your spirit.
What calms you down, makes you feel peace, and brings you simple joy? Take time to participate in your favorite activities to soothe your frayed emotions.
- Taking a walk in the woods, take a long scented bath, sing, play/create music, or doing a hand craft or hobby at home can be one of the most self-soothing things you can do when you’re experiencing a tricky life phase.
Embrace your personal strength.
Remember that your strength has pulled you through many crises in the past. Have confidence that it can continue to bolster you through many more.
Life can be exhilarating, interesting, and challenging. When you encounter a block in your path, allow your resilience to shine through. These strategies can help you draw on your inner strength to live a meaningful, enriched existence, no matter what type of challenge you encounter.
ALWAYS RISING ABOVE!
xoxox Dr. Twanna
P.S. Finding that its still difficult to shake free of anxiety and build resilience? Schedule a complimentary coaching consultation with me here.
Learn how you can advance despite anxiety and adversity in as little as 2-5 minutes a day.